Help improve schools in your city and beyond!
Eskolta Youth Participatory Action Research Collective
By joining Eskolta’s 2023-2024 youth participatory action research collective, you will have an important role in shaping how educators and schools support young people in culturally responsive and sustaining ways. This year’s YPAR research collective is hybrid and in partnership with Lehman College, City University of New York.
- Youth Participatory Action Research (YPAR): Engage in a guided process in which you learn to identify a research question that matters to you, develop your research skills, and discover how to better understand the root causes of problems in collaboration with other YPAR members.
- Leadership Badge: This year’s partnership is with Lehman College, City University of New York and all YPAR participants will also strengthen their own individual and collective leadership skills while earning a leadership badge.
As a YPAR member, you will receive:
- Skill-development to support success during and after high school
- Connections to other YPAR members, mentors, and resources
- A stipend, leadership badge, and certificate of participation
- Ability to meet at least 2 times per month between November 2023 and June 2024
- Time commitment is ~5 hours per month
- Desire to collaborate with other youth leaders and educators
- Be between the ages of 14-21
Eskolta invites applicants of all backgrounds.