The Eskolta Network
Connecting Educators galaxy wearable. Transforming Learning.
The Eskolta Network is an improvement community designed to connect educators in the shared challenge of transforming learning for all students. The Eskolta Network offers schools the opportunity to engage in a multi-year effort to build educators’ capacity to make meaningful, sustainable change in their school communities herunterladen. At a time when the COVID-19 pandemic is having a dramatic impact on our schools and on the lives of Black, Latinx, and low-income youth, this Network brings together schools that are committed to fight against that impact and to foster equity epson stylus sx410 treiber download kostenlos.
Our Network Aim and Approach
The aim of the Eskolta Network is for participating educators to ensure that in this moment and into the future, we maintain and increase the percentage of previously underserved Black, Latinx, and low-income high school students who graduate prepared for the future samsung handy fotos herunterladen. To achieve this aim, school teams that join the Network will engage in a continuous improvement process and connect with colleagues in other Network schools who are grappling with similar challenges herunterladen. Through this process, teams will:
- Identify pressing needs and key problems of practice within their schools that align to core school goals
- Gather student perspectives and data to help them better understand the issues
- Explore cognitive psychology research alongside practices from other schools that cultivate culturally sustaining practices, a strengths-based culture, and mastery-based learning
- Design and test prototype solutions that meet the current needs and potential of their schools within the current realities of the school day and structures
- Study and share lessons learned as they continually adjust and refine practices to make their schools communities of compassion, trust, and high expectations for their students
Network Focus for 2020–21: Confronting Inequity and Developing Culturally Sustaining Schools
Historically, structures within public education have replicated the systems of oppression in U.S. society that maintain existing white socio-racial hierarchies. One of the ways that this has happened is with pedagogy that does not harness the funds of knowledge that students of many diverse backgrounds and cultures bring with them to elevate historically marginalized voices and to foster positive academic outcomes for all students.
The COVID-19 crisis further highlights inequities in our school system, forcing educators to grapple with rethinking how they design schools to support their students. We will work with schools in the Network to create and rethink learning environments that not only meet the needs of the current crisis but do so in a way that is culturally responsive, strengths-based, and skills focused. This year, school teams that join the Eskolta Network will explore and develop culturally responsive approaches to education that foster strengths-based environments, supportive student feedback, and mastery-based learning.
The Eskolta Network serves NYC- and Boston-based high schools. Participating schools receive free professional development and continuous improvement coaching for up to three years. Participating educators receive stipends or per-session.
Applications for 2020-21 Eskolta Network due July 8, 2020