Posted November 18, 2019
Who We Are
Founded in 2010, Eskolta School Research and Design is a collaborative, nonprofit educational consultancy that partners with educators and districts to craft custom solutions to the problems confronting urban public schools. We partner with educators using research to create practices and tools to successfully reengage struggling students and to build a culture of high expectations, respect, and compassion in which underserved students thrive. We help educators reinvent schools and inspire students to succeed not only in school but also in life. We don’t solve the problem for educators; we solve the problem together.
We seek to continuously challenge ourselves to exhibit respect, focus, balance, integrity, and justice. To that end, Eskolta strives to be an antiracist organization, using its influence to fight against social injustice by supporting a culture of learning, empowerment, and equity in our schools. Applicants should demonstrate a knowledge of and concern for issues of equity and justice and an understanding of how structural injustice has impacted the experience of underserved students.
Eskolta is seeking to build our team of talented staff serving schools and district partners as they research and redesign practices and facilitate continuous improvement to re-engage students to paths of success.
The Network Associate provides assistance to the Operations Department in the daily management of the business. You have extensive experience with Microsoft Office and Google Apps with particular expertise in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets. In addition, the Network Associate will have some experience in supporting the operations of a non-profit with a focus on the financial, logistical, and human resources aspects of business. You are flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people as it grows. In addition, you should have a knowledge of and concern for issues of equity and justice and an understanding of how structural injustice has impacted the experience of underserved students.
Responsibilities may include:
- Design practical tools, including spreadsheets and forms, in Google Sheets to track the impact of our programmatic work.
- Collaborate with the Operations Team to complete operational tasks related to logistics, accounting, human resources, and compliance.
- Maintain and update the Eskolta Hub, an online repository of information for staff.
- Support the enforcement of company policies and standards.
- Make recommendations for business performance improvement.
- An undergraduate degree or at least 2-4 years of proven working experience in operations or business administration.
- High proficiency with spreadsheets such as Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets to track and monitor information required.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to collect, organize, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skill.
- Must be detail and solutions oriented.
Submit a resume, a writing sample and thoughtful cover letter, to Danielle L. Green, Director of Operations (email@example.com) with the position of interest in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.