Data Excellence Associate, full time, permanent
Posted: September 23, 2019
Who We Are
Founded in 2010, Eskolta School Research and Design is a collaborative, nonprofit educational consultancy that partners with educators and districts to craft custom solutions to the problems confronting urban public schools. We partner with educators using research to create practices and tools to successfully reengage struggling students and to build a culture of high expectations, respect, and compassion in which underserved students thrive. We help educators reinvent schools and inspire students to succeed not only in school but also in life. We don’t solve the problem for educators; we solve the problem together.
We seek to continuously challenge ourselves to exhibit respect, focus, balance, integrity, and justice. To that end, Eskolta strives to be an antiracist organization, using its influence to fight against social injustice by supporting a culture of learning, empowerment, and equity in our schools. Applicants should demonstrate a knowledge of and concern for issues of equity and justice and an understanding of how structural injustice has impacted the experience of underserved students.
Eskolta is seeking to build our team of talented staff serving schools and district partners as they research and redesign practices and facilitate continuous improvement to re-engage students to paths of success.
Data Excellence Associate
The Data Excellence Associate will be highly analytical with a knack for analysis and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are also essential for interpreting data. You’ll be responsible for collecting, maintaining and analyzing data that can be translated into insights to communicate the impact of the organization’s programs to internal and external stakeholders. You will be an expert in managing and analyzing large sets of data, maintaining data integrity and communicating relevant insights. In addition, you should have a knowledge of and concern for issues of equity and justice and an understanding of how structural injustice has impacted the experience of underserved students.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources to better understand the impact of efforts.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate with the full Eskolta team and support cross-team learning and development.
- A graduate degree or an undergraduate degree with at least 2-4 years of proven working experience as a data or business analyst. Degrees in statistics or mathematics preferred.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc.) Alteryx is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Exceptional project manager with strong attention to detail, highly organized, and meticulous in monitoring work.
Submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter to Danielle L. Green, Director of Operations (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the position of interest in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.