Help improve schools in your city and beyond!
Eskolta Youth Advisory Board
By joining Eskolta’s 2022-23 youth advisory board, you will have an important role in shaping how educators and schools support young people in culturally responsive and sustaining ways.
If you are a student or alum of a school participating in the 2022-23 Eskolta Network and want to use your voice to make a difference in your community, please apply and begin your journey towards making an impact!
- Advising: Provide feedback and perspective on Eskolta’s approaches to ensure they are aligned to the needs of youth and their communities.
- Youth Participatory Action Research (YPAR): Engage in a guided process in which you learn to identify a research question that matters to you, develop your research skills, and discover how to better understand the root causes of problems in collaboration with other YAB members.
As a YAB member, you will receive:
- Skill-development to support success during and after high school
- Connections to other YAB members, mentors, and resources
- A stipend and certificate of participation
- Ability to meet 1-2 times for 2-4 hours per month between November 2022 and June 2023
- Desire to collaborate with other youth leaders and educators
- Be between the ages of 14-21
- Attend/attended a school currently enrolled in the Eskolta Network
Eskolta invites applicants of all backgrounds.