Posted: November 3, 2017
Eskolta School Research and Design, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization based in New York City that helps educators reinvent schools to promote meaningful learning. Eskolta was launched in 2010 by a team with extensive background in public school reform. Its focus on turning around the dropout rate addresses one of the most critical problems facing public education today, and one that is gaining increased focus at the national level.
Eskolta is seeking a Front-end Engineer to develop a School Improvement Portal designed to provide educators with school-based professional development in the form of online modules. This contract is for the design of user interface for beta version of landing page and template for multiple learning modules, to be completed no later than May 2018.
- Take existing wireframes and mockups, ensure their technical feasibility, and build them out (i.e. translate UX/UI designs into code)
- Develop new user-facing features
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Strong Front-end development experience with an appropriate coding language (such as PHP, C++, etc.) to build interactive elements in a Word Press environment
- A minimum of 4-years relevant experience
- Working knowledge of user experience, user interaction, and responsive design
- Strong visual design and layout skills
- A self-starter with the ability to move a project forward in a small, entrepreneurial environment
- A good listener, eager to grow and take feedback to learn
- A progressive thinker committed to Eskolta’s mission and values
- Flexibility, sense of humor, and an eagerness to get the job done.
We value diversity and believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences lead to deeper understanding and better approaches to our work. As we continue to grow as an organization, we aim to build an environment that reflects the diverse backgrounds of the communities we work with. Eskolta is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
To apply, send your resume, hourly rate/project fee and a link to your portfolio and/or websites/samples you’ve designed (with an explanation of what your role was in designing them) to firstname.lastname@example.org.